Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Aritzia Online: Shopping Review

On Boxing Day, I came across the Atlantic Hoodie by TNA, at an Aritzia store. I immediately fell in love with it because of its ultra-softness and extra long length. It was on sale for only $10 off, but as those die-hard Aritzians out there will know, this is about as good as it gets.

Aritzia only recently launched their online shopping portal, in October 2012 and I thought I would review my experience here for other fellow online shopaholics who are curious! I know I did some web searches before my own purchase just because the site is so new and it's easy to be scammed by customs, hidden fees, or other extraneous online charges if you are not careful.

Well, I decided to purchase a black Atlantic hoodie (size S) because I seriously own too many grey sweaters and I already got the same hoodie in Salt and Pepper on on Boxing Day. At first glance, the site is primitive.





It barely uses flash, and the shopping sections don't allow zoom or alternate views.
However, the pricing automatically detects your location based on your IP address and it will convert to CDN or US $$ so the prices shown are domestic.

Placing the order was quite smooth too, you just add the color and size to your cart. You have to sign up for an account but that didn't take too long. You also have to pay by credit card as there was no option for PayPal so that's something they will need to work out.

Shipping was $8.00 flat to anywhere in Canada (standard shipping). I've heard they have promos for free shipping but since all their stuff is pricier, $8 is really not that much in comparison.

My item arrived in under a week's time (there was also a long weekend in between). I placed my order on a Tuesday and (including a holiday Monday), it arrived the following Tuesday via UPS.

This is the package containing the hoodie, very fancy:



And the receipt was tucked ever so sophisticated-ly in this premium envelope:



Overall, I'm very impressed with the Aritzia online shopping system and I'm sure it will just continue to improve. This will definitely not be the last time I order something, unfortunately for my wallet!!



1 comment:

I would love to hear your comment :)
Have a wonderful day!